Tuesday, January 5, 2010

An eye infection and a tea party.


Despite an outer eye infection, Madalyn has been precious and pleasant company. Yesterday we had a tea party with some of her newest friends/Christmas gifts. She was very generous and sure to ensure that every guest had some form of dishware.
Today her little eye was worse, so we went to the doctor and discovered that she had an outer eye infection, requiring drops and oral antibiotics. The other eye is also in the early stages of infection, and she has the beginning of an ear infection (which we should head off with the antibiotics).
I would like to brag on my eye drop administering skills. As you might imagine, administering eye drops to a toddler is no simple or pleasant experience. I have a strategy. I wrap her in a blanket, give her 'apop' (dumdum) and then administer the drops while asking her how yummy her lollipop is. Afterwards she gets to continue enjoying the lollipop for a few more minutes before we take it and save it for her next 'medicine'.
This routine will be perfected when I follow it with toothbrushing. Part of the theory but not yet put into practice :-)

1 comment:

Mom said...

Poor Toodles..her little eye looks sore. Pure genius on the lollipop..whatever works.