Saturday, April 14, 2012

Spring




I have never really liked spring. It just reminded me that super crazy hot summer was coming and I didn't have sufficiently tanned legs. But several things have made spring more pleasant for me - mostly since I moved to Texas.

For one thing, the heat of summer has never seemed very hot until I moved to Temple. Fortunately, when I moved to Temple I decided I had reached an age where I decided tan legs were no longer going to determine my emotional well-being ;-) Also, I got engaged in spring, and had both of my babies in the spring.

And now, I live in the Hill Country of Texas, where the Bluebonnets come out in spring!! Bluebonnets, and lots of little yellow flowers, and tall tiny coral colored flowers. Those bluebonnets though - huge puddles of them cover the fields I drive by every day. And we get to keep them almost an entire month!

Getting the kids' photo taken in the bluebonnets is such a special thing. Skipped it last year I believe, due to extreme pregnancy on my part. This year we gave it a shot. Liam really wouldn't look up and Madalyn wouldn't sit still, so nothing frame worthy, but a few that are blog-worthy ;-)

Happy Spring!

No comments: