Age 3 brings with it some parenting challenges, and sometimes she seems so big! But also, there are some precious things about thus age.
For one thing, she is so often dressed up!! I do love the way she enjoys dress up. She's also often someone else - whether she's Cinderella, Kanga, Buzz Lightyear...

Her imagination and that there are so few rules! Size proportion, gender, basic scientific boundaries - anything can happen when Madalyn plays.

That she is so rerady to learn. 90% of the time she's eager to help, and she's absorbing the information. She loves to read - I hope she always does. And as we work on letters and sounds I just know she will love being able to read by herself, too.

And the day has come - Madalyn is really recognizing the playmate potential of sweet Big D. Here he is being fed with a spoon. Frequently she tries to persuade him to play chase (he doesn't understand but does give her his attention). She has begun hand feeding him the food in his bowl in late afternoon. He eats it (I don't think he likes messes).

Oh, Holy God - please don't let me get distracted and deceived by the stresses and frustrations of this age - let me delight in the little girl you have blessed me with.
No comments:
Post a Comment