Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Nutcracker and the Jackalope

Well, Madalyn and the Brown girls have a warped view of the Nutcracker ;-)

When Leslie said she was taking her girls and I decided to brave a ballet with a crabby 2 year old, we had no idea we were explosing them to a 'southwestern' version! I've seen the nutcracker a few times, and I started to think something was up when the guy who gave Clara the nutcracker was wearing a Texas flag shirt and cowboy hat. I knew something was up for sure when rather than a rat king, a ballerina wearing a jackalope head showed up on stage!
In any case, it was Annie's favorite character, and she asked several times when the bad bunny was coming back!
Madalyn did start off the show by mentioning early on "I do not want them to dance anymore!" But after I got her in my lap and began narrarating for her, she got pretty invested, and was distressed when Clara's sister broke the nutcracker doll! (not sure if that was planned either).

At intermission, the girls got cookies, hot chocolate and ballerina bear ornaments :-)
Fun Christmas adventure!

2 comments:

Christina said...

Everybody looks so fun and festive! Cute outfit KID!

Leslie said...

I think maybe next year we should venture to Austin or Ft. Worth for a "real" Nutcracker ballet.