He gave himself a surprise birthdate, which I think is more fun than a scheduled c-section birthday, when my water broke Monday morning, the 18th. Our good friend LynnAnne was visiting, which worked out so perfectly! We didn't have to get Madalyn ready or drop her off anywhere, we just packed a few last minute things, made a few phone calls, and off we went!
When we got to the hospital they verified that my water had broken, and that I was having contractions. I thought the pain was manageable, so they said we could wait about 2 hours so that my doctor could deliver the baby rather than the on call doctor.
This c-section left me feeling much more drugged than with Madalyn. I was tired when I got there (I didn't sleep super well because I'd been having contractions) so that may have made a difference, but I was fighting sleep the whole time. And when they showed us our new little man (who promptly peed on several doctors and pooped on a nurse) I really thought to myself in my sleepy state 'I think I've seen that baby before'. And later realized that this was because he's a carbon copy of his father, whose newborn photo I certainly have seen before :-)

Madalyn came up to the hospital later and was very happy to meet her baby brother! She pointed out his eyes, ears, nose, and other significant little features. And has she has planned for months, she got to hold him :-)
Thank you for loving us and our sweet little boy, Liam. :-)
Baby Liam has arrived!
No comments:
Post a Comment