Feel free to just enjoy the photos and skip the pity party monologue I'm about to launch.
Ouch. My rib hurts. One or two of them hyperextend when I'm pregnant - and today I got the sense that a front rib may join the party, which is disappointing. It's a little like when you sleep on your neck wrong and if you turn your head just right it's really distinctively uncomfortable. It's like that feeling in my back ribs when I'm sitting, and then sometimes even when I'm standing or laying down. If I jam my knuckles into it just right, it sort of tricks my brain out of noticing the pain for a while. It's this annoying discomfort that wears on my patience all day! And it certainly potentially distracts me when working, since I do sit quite a bit in my profession.
Limits are hard to get used to. Like being limited as to how long I can sit to do... anything. Standing long enough makes my feet hurt, laying down at the wrong time gives me reflux. But I tell you what - I am sooooo sympathetic for people with chronic health problems that leave them with permanant limitations. Veterans with combat injuries, anyone with an autoimmune issue, diabetes. So many things can change our lives for good. I praise God and quickly change my attitude when I think about that - and consider that for a limited amount of time (it disappears as soon as the baby is out!) I am uncomfortable and in exchange I get a little bitty miracle to hold and love and offer back to my God as a servant for His glory.
So worth it :-)
3 comments:
I know a chiropractor! Dr. Jones. Adjust your spine, adjust your ribs. Might be worth a visit to see if he could help.
Beautiful quilts! Those will be such a cherished blessing in your home.
Listen to Leslie. Might help.
mom
Post a Comment